Sunday, February 1, 2009

YOU ARE MY NUMBER ONE, HIDING IN A CHINA CABINET

Today I am unemployed and don't know how to deal with it. I slept until 11:48AM, which is pretty disgusting but I thought that at least this way I wouldn't have to worry about what I was going to do today. Half the day was already over. When I am unemployed I like knitting, should probably start soon so by the time it is winter I will have a really nice scarf.

You know you are not over somebody when you can't even stand to see them standing beside someone that isn't you. Even if they aren't talking and you know that even if they do start talking to each other it won't even be that interesting. um.

On saturday I biked in a headwind from Brynwyr to Woolston and it was probably the worst experience of my life. At one point I almost began to cry because my whole body was aching so much. Then my helmet started falling to pieces. So, not only was I in total pain but I was risking my life.

The day before that, Friday, I was on a plane and it was flying low over Christchurch and I could see into peoples gardens and I wondered if I jumped out of the plane would I happen to land on somebodies trampoline. totally possibly lifesaving but most likely impossible

The day before that, Thursday, I wanted to tell somebody they were probably the most beautiful and interesting person I had met all week but kindof couldn't because it would be awkward to the person I was with at the time.

One time it was my birthday and my cat left me a present in my shoe:


Suffice to say, haven't really ever worn those shoes since.

3 comments:

Darian James said...

i think this post is really nice. i felt a new emotion every paragraph. something like: detachment, camaraderie, empathetic despair, whimsy, hope, headache.

Darian James said...

(headache is probably neither your fault nor an emotion, just something i happened to be feeling concurrently while reading your post)

Jonathan Phillips said...

intense, hoping for claw friends II by mount woolston